Investor Visa (Subclass 162)
If you live overseas and you have (had) a successful business career or investment record, have significant assets, are prepared to invest funds in Australia for 4 years and commit yourself to be involved in business and investment activities in Australia, you can apply under the Investor Visa category.
To be eligible for an Investor Visa (Subclass 162), you need to provide evidence that:
- You are aged less than 45 years at time of application;
- You have an overall successful record of eligible investment or qualifying business activity;
- You have a total of at least 3 years experience of direct involvement in managing one or more qualifying businesses or eligible investments;
- For at least one of the 5 fiscal years immediately before you apply:
- you have maintained direct involvement in either managing a qualifying business in which you (or you and your spouse together) had an ownership interest of at least 10% of the total value of the business; OR
- you maintained direct involvement in managing your (or your and your spouse's combined) eligible investments, the total value of which was at least A$1,500,000;
- For the 2 fiscal years immediately before the application is made, the net value of your (or your and your spouse's combined) assets was at least A$2,250,000;
- You have demonstrated a high level of management skill in relation to an eligible investment or qualifying business activity;
- At the time of decision, you have a made a Designated Investment Designated Investments areoffered by State/Territory Treasury Corporations and are primary-issue government securities with a maturity of no less than 4 years from the date of purchase, limited to investments of AUD1,500,000 with interest paid every 6 months, and non-transferable and non-redeemable (that is, the security cannot be sold to another investor or sold back to the issuing authority before maturity). Repayment of the principal on maturity is guaranteed by the State/Territory government issuing the security. of A$1,500,000;
- If you are not a native speaker of English, you must have a score of at least 5 in all 4 components of the IELTS test;>
- Neither you nor your spouse have a history of involvement in business or investment activities that are of a nature that is not generally acceptable in Australia;
- You have notified the appropriate regional authority of a State or Territory of your business history and intentions to develop a business there;
- You have a realistic commitment to continue to maintain a business or investment activity in Australia after the designated investment has matured;
- You have signed a declaration that you understand your obligations as the holder of an Provisional Investor Visa.
- You have signed an Australian Values Statement.This statement is included in your visa application form and all applicants aged 18 years and over will need to sign it to confirm that they will respect the Australian way of life and obey Australian laws. Before signing this statement you are required to have read, or had explained to you, material made available by the government on life in Australia which is contained in the Life in Australia book.