Sunday, 05 April 2020
Code of Conduct


AMES has clients from
more than 50 countries

Family Visas
This category is for persons who can be sponsored by a relative or partner who is an Australian citizen, or permanent resident, or an eligible New Zealand citizen aged over 18. If your partner is an Australian, you must be married OR in a de-facto relationship for at least 12 months to qualify for residence. You can be sponsored if you are a spouse, fiancée, child/adopted child, parent, orphan relative, special need relative, aged dependant relative or last remaining relative of a qualifying sponsor who is resident in Australia. Contributory Parent options are available for those parents with sufficient capital to contribute to their future health costs in Australia. These visas subclasses are designed to overcome the otherwise lengthy waiting period currently facing parents wishing to migrate to Australia, subject to places being available.

Australia offers several migration options for people who are family members of Australian citizens, Australian permanent residents or eligible New Zealand citizens.


If you are in a relationship with an Australian citizen or permanent resident, they should be able to sponsor you to migrate to Australia if you can provide solid evidence that you are -

  • married (de jure) partners
  • intending to get married (fiancés)
  • de facto partners (including same-sex partners).


If you have a child who is an Australian citizen or permanent resident, the Parent Visa allows them to sponsor you for permanent residency in Australia. There are two main categories;

  • Parent/Aged Parent
  • Contributory Parent/Aged Contributory Parent .

Contact us to receive our advice as to which Parent Visa category would be most appropriate for you, or download the Family Migration Program DIAC Guide, if you want to know more about the Family Migration Program.

Children and Other Family

Dependent children, orphan relatives or adopted children, aged dependent relatives, remaining relatives and carers of Australian citizens and permanent residents may apply for visas to come to Australia permanently. Contact us for further advice or download the Family Migration Program DIAC Guide, if you want to know more about the Family Migration Program.